Beginnings and Endings

When we were cleaning out and liquidating the shop the one area I never touched was my desk drawers because it was coming with me to the new office I wanted to come to the office to look for things to sell being this was the the first time in 27 years I was home to participate in our community yard sale. I had gather quite a few things from the house and knew I had some extra office supplies so it was time to check out what was in my desk drawers. I found a few fun things in my desk including this!!

My first business which I closed in June of 1990 because I was going to be doing Monday Morning Flowers full time. When I had my cleaning service I prided myself on running it very professionally and people were surprised when I showed up because they always seem to expect someone older. I started on my 23rd birthday and looking back, I guess I did not look like a Mrs. V. Anyway, I had business cards and uniforms. I left "next appointment" cards for my clients. I specialized in small apartment because no one wanted to do those, and I had lots of bachelors and bachelorettes. I brought everything I needed with me to clean and never made my client provide anything, which included a step stool to do those high areas (gosh, no one does those). I cleaned ovens and refrigerators on demand for $115 each, I changed sheets if you left them on the bed and my bachelors called me to know where things were because I unpacked suitcases when they came home tired from a trip. I did loads of towel laundry every night when I got home because using paper towels were too expensive. I reported all of my income because Kevin and I wanted to buy a house and yet after 4 years, bankers refused to include my income because I was self employed and could stop to have a baby (more on that in a later post, I'm sure). I worked hard at the flower shop but I worked extremely hard at Mrs. V's and it's always a great reminder of where you came from, which gets you where you area. 



Comments

Popular Posts